Monday, August 9, 2010

Sexuality is Fluid

These are the very words my all-time (pero hindi na ngayon) love had said while we're drunk in a bar somewhere in Quezon City in one of the gatherings with my college friends. "I can be like you anytime I wanted to." he added. Although I was so surprised and astonished on his revelations, I kept my excitement from escaping my mouth which at that time was dying to feel his very pink lips. "I would be pursuing you in case you decide to become one of us!" I whispered to him with flirty tone and a touch on his biceps. "Well, you've got me already. No need to pursue." Aaaaaw! We, then, laughed out loud. Good thing the music is louder than us. And NO, nothing had happened after that...


For a moment, I thought that sexuality is driven by so many factors. It is not defined by what you prefer to indulge into nor accentuated by the sexual encounters you've scheduled.  It's as complex as the intricate interconnection of life and laws of nature. Maybe this explains why some straight guys like to crossover from heterosexuality to homosexuality and back again. But according to academe sexuality is an orientation. So how do we explain crossing over of these guys? Simple, sexuality is fluid. It can go back and forth as explained by my psych graduate friend. Therefore, sexuality can defined by decision? Not quite. Still, it's more than that.


"Ang pagiging bakla ay isang desisyon!" exclaimed my officemate-friend. And I added, "Yeah, sexuality is a disposition of life."


My all-time love should have decided to become like me and be with me, and then after he can decide to go back again, so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment