Friday, August 20, 2010

Mickey Mice

It's Ondoy's fault! Everything has changed after that freaking typhoon hit Metro Manila. The flood that drowned the place to oblivion has caused the migration of all sorts of organisms from down under to the upper level of our apartment. Yes, those little and almost cute mice crawled their way up to my room. I already managed to exterminate the first inhabitants (except myself, of course) of my room but then, the second tenants made my room a cheerful habitat.


First, I used those sticky traps. I bought six pairs to make sure everyone is caught. It smelled sweet and seems appealing for a hungry organism. In a matter of two hours, two of them were already struggling for their lives and be free again. Fortunately, the glue in the trap is so convincingly strong they're unable to escape the inevitable death. Hahaha! I laughed. But when I look into their eyes, I saw pain. They're begging me to let go of them. No! I shouldn't pity them. They ate my Toblerone. They crashed into my favorite Vietnamese instant noodle soup. And they devoured my pistachios. Revenge! Criminals must pay. Justice must be served. And death is their sentence.


Perhaps, they learned their lesson (the deadly way) because even they're starving already they didn't dare to step onto the trap just to have a bite of the delicious chocolate bits I garnished on the trap. Hmmmm??? Damn you intelligent mice. You don't have the right to get that intelligence! It's for us only. Hahahahaha! Hayz... Crap trap.


Blame it to the food I store or left open but they're already getting into my nerves. My second remedy? Ready made bait. According to the product information printed on the box, this poisoned rice grains will slowly kill the rodent by dehydrating them. It is said that no fowl odor will be emitted since the bait will dry up the dead mice's body. Whoa! I never realized I was able to understand that. Well, after painstakingly researching on the effects of the chemicals, I deciphered everything. Hahaha! But wtf??!!! I didn't realize that they still can reproduce that fast! These mice must be so horny every second of the day. Damn sex life they have!


Because of the bait's failure, I decided to look for another way of killing every single mouse partying around my room whenever I am asleep. There's this one poison that takes effect in a matter of an hour. They won't have the time to rethink of eating the bait nor reproducing. Unfortunately, it's not available in the market anymore.


But wait there's one more! The ELECTRONIC RAT AND COCKROACH killer! Dahduh!
I met this killer just five days ago. I was strolling around the department store when I heard the salesman on a microphone calling out the mallers to be his audience but it was only me who obliged. It's a plug-in device designed to irritate rodents and cockroaches and other insects. I requested the salesman to explain how it works. When he mentioned about the radiation, my ear dinged. What radiation? I asked. He held my hand and had me hold a piece of metal. Then he pulled it towards the device. "Nararamdaman mo ba, sir?" "Ang alin?" "Di ata naka-on." Then a slight vibration became stronger. Whoa! Vibrator, eh! This must be interesting...


Sadly, I can't afford it yet. Not now...

No comments:

Post a Comment